Sunday, April 19, 2009

Chicken Salad...Mmmm!
As promised, I'm here with the Cranberry Chicken Salad recipe that I took to my in-laws yesterday for lunch. Last week, I put a whole chicken in the crockpot before work so we'd have an easy supper when I got home. That night, we made the chicken (which falls apart because it's so moist!) into baked chimichangas. Later in the week, we used some more of the shredded chicken to top a salad (one of David's favorite meals! Who would have thought a meat 'n potatoes kinda guy would love grilled chicken salad?!). We still had about 3 cups of delicious shredded meat in the fridge, so I thought I'd make us a nice chicken salad. I found the recipe on the back of the bag of Mariani Premium Sweetened Dried Cranberries.
Cranberry Chicken Salad
3 cups cooked chicken, cubed (I shredded mine)
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. dried sage
1 tsp. garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
Dash of lemon juice
Mayonnaise, to taste
Mix all ingredients together, adding mayonnaise to taste. Chill for at least one hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...