Monday, July 6, 2009

Peaches and Cream Muffins

One day last week, Shirley gave me some fresh peaches from Bray's Orchard in Bedford, KY. They were gorgeous, and they smelled sooo gooood. I chopped them all up and had plans for two things: Peaches and Cream Muffins and peaches with vanilla ice cream. I don't remember where I got this recipe, but rest assured I didn't create it. I can copy anything, but I don't have an original thought in my head. I'm sorry I can't give credit where credit is due. I love this recipe, because it's so versatile. You can use just about any kind of fruit. I've made strawberries and cream muffins (but you can't use frozen strawberries), and I'd love to have some blueberries and cream muffins, if blueberries weren't so darn expensive. Blackberries will be ripe in a week or so, so I'll probably make some blackberries and cream muffins too. The possibilities are endless!
Peaches and Cream Muffins
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
2 whole eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 cup fresh peaches, coarsley chopped
3/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
In a small bowl, beat butter until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beat one minute until light and airy. Add brown sugar. Beat in eggs, one at at a time. Beat in sour cream and vanilla.
Stir into flour mixture only until dry ingredients are moistened.
Fold in peaches and nuts.
Pour into muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes, rotating once during baking. Cool, and enjoy!
(You can make this into one loaf of bread, baked in a 8x4-inch loaf pan. Bake for 60-65 minutes.)
Yields 18 regular-sized muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...