Monday, August 10, 2009

Beef and Pepper Stir-Fry

A couple of weeks ago, I got my newest copy of Good Housekeeping. I hadn't really had an opportunity to sit down and read it until this past weekend, but as soon as I got it, I flipped through it and noticed the recipe for Beef and Pepper Stir-Fry. I marked it and made note on my grocery list the few ingredients I'd need.
I made the stir-fry dish tonight, and it was delicious! As a bonus, it was healthy, easy to prepare, and quick! That's a dish that meets my "weeknight supper" criteria perfectly! Please excuse my pictures...we've got a storm brewin' here in Kentucky and my natural light is gone.
Beef and Pepper Stir Fry
Good Housekeeping

1 lb. flank steak, cut lengthwise in half and very thinly sliced
4 Tbs. lower-sodium teriyaki sauce
4 green onions
1 c. instant brown rice (I used regular, long-cooking)
3 tsp. canola oil (I used olive)
1 clove garlic, finely chopped (I used 2 and pressed it)
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
2 red peppers, thinly sliced
In a small bowl, toss beef with 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce.
Thinly slice dark green tops from green onions and reserve for garnish; cut remaining white and light green parts into 1-inch pieces. Cook rice as label suggests.
In 12-inch skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil on medium-high heat until hot. Add garlic and crushed red pepper; cook 1 minute. Add green onion pieces, red pepper slices, and 2 tablespoons water; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until peppers are tender, stirring frequently. Transfer to medium bowl. Keep warm.

In same skillet, heat remaining teaspoon oil until hot. Add half of beef; cook 1 minute or until beef just loses its pink color throughout, stirring. Transfer to bowl with peppers; keep warm. Repeat with remaining beef.
Add remaining 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce to skillet; cook 30 seconds, stirring. Add to beef and vegetable mixture; stir to combine. Serve stir-fry over rice. Garnish with reserved green onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...