Tuesday, October 6, 2009

TWD: Split-Level Pudding

Well, I can mark another "first" off of my list. This is the first pudding I've ever made from scratch. I've always been an instant pudding kind of girl, but this was super-easy. Not quite as easy as ripping open a package and whisking in milk, but still quite simple on the cooking scale. Plus, the flavor is so worth the extra effort!
Garrett, of Flavor of Vanilla was our host this week, and he chose this yummy little dessert because it reminded him of his childhood. I think I must be one of the few people who doesn't really associate pudding with childhood. I don't know why, but I don't think we ate much pudding as kids. I do remember making pudding pops a couple of times, though. That was super-cool. Butanyway, Garrett made a great choice. This is definitely "grown-up" pudding; the chocolate isn't super-sweet, but the vanilla flavor is intense. It's a perfect balance of the two flavors.
Several TWDers have mentioned that they prefer this pudding warm. Again, I think I'm in the minority...I do not like pudding warm. To me, pudding is a cold food, and this pudding was delicious, especially cold! If you're interested in makig your own "grown-up" pudding, you can visit Flavor of Vanilla...and while you're there, take a look at all of his other TWD recipes. While I was there, I spotted a twist on one of Dorie's recipes...Blackberry Spice Bars. I've got tons of frozen blackberries in my freezer, so I'm on the hunt for new blackberry recipes to try.
In other news, my 100th blog post is coming up very soon! What should I do? Should I do something special to mark the day? Or should I just let the 100th post be a regular ol' recipe? What would you like to see?

1 comment:

  1. do something special for your 100th! I have no idea what...and mine is coming up too...but make it exciting!

    Glad that you liked this recipe so much...i hate pudding so i skipped it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...