Monday, May 17, 2010

Greek Marinated Pork Chops

The first time I had Greek food was in Chicago on a trip with a group from Lindsey Wilson College. I didn't like it. I can't remember what I ordered, but I remember not liking it. And if I recall correctly, nobody in the group really liked their food, either. The one exception was some kind of fried cheese that came to the table still flaming. That stuff was delicious. But something has happened as I've gotten older...I've found that I now enjoy Greek food. I love the flavors now and find that I use them a lot in my cooking. I've even found a fabulous Greek restaurant about two blocks from my office. Anyway, yesterday afternoon I was looking over some blogs for some ideas for dinner this week, and I came across a recipe for pork chops in a Greek marinade. I didn't need to buy anything (except for the pork chops, which were already on the list), so these went on the menu.
Oh my goodness! They were wonderful! They were so flavorful and moist. I absolutely loved the lemon flavor with the oregano and garlic. I usually grill four pork chops for the two of us so that there are leftovers, but we ate all four of these tonight! (They were small, though!) David and I both decided that this recipe will make it to our regular rotation, and that's saying a lot! If you're tired of having ho-hum pork chops, try these! They are delicious!
Greek-Seasoned Grilled Pork Chops with Lemon and Oregano
4 boneless pork chops
Marinade:
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. red wine vinegar
1 tsp. lemon zest
2 tsp. dried Greek oregano (I don't know that my oregano was Greek, but it was good!)
2 tsp. minced garlic
fresh ground black pepper
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, Greek oregano, garlic, and black pepper. Trim all visible fat from pork chops and place in large Ziplock bag or flat glass dish. Pour marinade over pork chops and marinate in refrigerator for 4-8 hours (I think I marinated mine for more like 11 hours), turning a few times if you're home.
To cook, remove pork chops from refrigerator and wipe off excess marinade. Dry chops with paper towels and let come to room temperature while grill heats up. Grill pork chops and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. They look yummy! I'm not sure about the lemon though, but I'm willing to give them a try. Let me know when they're ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This looks like a great dinner. Making me hungry now!
    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. You are a sweet heart with a sweet blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...