Tuesday, August 3, 2010

TWD: Gingered Carrot Cookies

My copy of Baking: From My Home to Yours has a flaw in it. I guess it was a misprint...it's missing about 50 pages from the cookie chapter, but I have a repeat of 50 pages of the brownie chapter. It's been a bit of a pain, but at the same time, kind of exciting because when TWD members choose a recipe from the 50 pages I'm missing, it's a surprise because I've never seen it. When I saw that this week's pick was Gingered Carrot Cookies, I thought it must have been a recipe I was missing. But when I checked, I had this page...somehow, in the 5,000 times I've flipped through this book, I've never noticed these!
When Dorie was developing this recipe, she was trying to make carrot cake in cookie form. She mentions that the carrot flavor doesn't really come through, and I would agree. These cookies are much like a scone...so much in fact that I've thought about trying to make them as scones...maybe this fall. With a cream cheese glaze! Yum. Butanyway, the only downside to these cookies is the fact that they look like the Cheddar Bay Biscuits from Red Lobster, no?
These delightful little cookies were chosen by Natalia of Gatti Fili e Farina, and she'll have the recipe on her blog. Happy Baking!

2 comments:

  1. i didn't make these this week due to baby nephew overload, but i agree that they kinda look like cheddar bay biscuits...and if i had made these, i would now be disappointed every time that i looked at them b/c i would wish that they were cheddar bay biscuits...

    and i'm kinda bummed about your book! that would be quite confusing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao Erin ! Thank you for joining me this week ! I'm so glad you liked them in spite of their looks !!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...