Tuesday, August 17, 2010

TWD: Oatmeal Breakfast Bread

I usually bake my TWD "assignments" over the weekend, but it completely slipped my mind this weekend. In fact, I didn't fully realize that today was Tuesday until about 2pm...and of course remembered that I hadn't made my Oatmeal Breakfast Bread! Luckily, Baking: From My Home to Yours is on Google Books, so I was able to review the recipe to see if I needed to stop by Kroger on the way home for any additional ingredients. Luckily, I was in good shape. And even better, after reading the recipe, I found that I would probably even have time to get the bread baked and photograph it in natural light!
Sadly, this was the only picture I got before it got dark. And oh, is it tasty! Sarah mentioned in her post that it reminds her of fall...and I have to say that it does the same for me! Applesauce, raisins, and spices all combine in this bread to make a perfect fall quickbread. (And as a side note, I am totally ready for it to be fall. I am done with heat and humidity.)
This week's pick was chosen by Natalie, of Oven Love. Thanks, Natalie! You picked a good one!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you liked it! Thanks so much for baking with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl, i usually don't do my "assignment" until the night before or day of! you are so on top of things!! and thanks for the link to me :)

    I agree--it's time for fall! let's kick this heat & humidity out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks fantastically yummy! great color and browning on your bread.
    ~Tia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...