Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Chocolate Cream TartWow. This was great! I know lots of TWDers were saying that it was "chocolate overload", but I loved it. I have a hard time having too much chocolate, though...I'm not sure that it can be done! And I guess I should say that I really made a chocolate cream pie, not a tart, since I don't have a tart pan. That will have to go on the wish list, since we've got another tart coming up in May. Anyhow...regardless of the pan it was in, it was super-chocolate deliciousness! Over all, the pie wasn't overly sweet, it was just dark chocolatey goodness. Definitely a keeper. I would like to try it sometime with the plain sweet tart dough, just for those who don't like the overwhelming chocolate flavor. The process of the Chocolate Cream Pie began last night at about 8:30...let's check it out:
First, we have the ugly, patched up crust. Who cares about the lumps and patches? Nobody will see it because it's gonna end up slathered in chocolate pastry cream...which turned out to be silky and delicious. So delicious, in fact...that after I spooned most of it in the pie shell, I ate what was left straight from the spoon. Then I licked the bowl clean. (Kidding...kind of. I used a spatula to get it out. I do have my limits.)

Would you just look at all that chocolate? I was getting giddy at this point. I have had this tart on my mind all day long. It's a wonder I got any work done. What's the next step?Whippin' some cream, ya'll...whippin' some cream...

Here's a lame, amateur attempt at an artistic photo of the pie...And now...a slice of chocolate cream goodness...

Tonight, David and I had help devouring this delicious confection. My parents and my Great-Aunt Sarah came over, and this is what we had left after we attacked the pie with reckless abandon:This pie was worth every sinful calorie. I'm going to bed now so I can get up at 5am to get my butt kicked by Jillian Michaels. She's got her work cut out for her after Dorie's awesome Chocolate Cream Tart! We can all thank Kim, of Scrumptious Photography for choosing this pie! Head over to her beautiful site for the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...