Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Four-Star Chocolate Bread Pudding

I'm disappointed. The Four-Star Chocolate Bread Pudding let me down. Correction. It was me...I think I know what happened. I didn't let my bread get stale enough. Or maybe I didn't get the right kind of bread. I made the bread pudding for Easter dinner, and I was in a little bit of a hurry, so I didn't get into making my own brioche, which I'd like to try sometime. I just bought a loaf of some kind of egg bread from my local Wal-Mart. I did leave it out to get stale, but apparently not long enough. I should have also used Dorie's toasting tip. The picture above (taken as I was chasing sunlight around my kitchen on Easter morning) shows how unappetizing the bread pudding looked. I'm not great with food photography, but I don't know how you'd make it look good. It had a good flavor, but my bread pudding pretty much had two distinct layers. There was the chocolate custard layer on the bottom, then the bread on top. It had a really good flavor, but I knew it wasn't right. I'm not sure that I'll make it again.
Sorry this post is so boring...I'm just not feeling the bread pudding. But if you are, you can find the recipe at Laura's blog, Upper East Side Chronicle. I'm really looking forward to next week's Chocolate Cream Tart though!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you weren't a fan! I think it does look good though! I hope next week is better for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...