Monday, May 25, 2009

Grilled Portobello Mushroom Caps
This morning, I went to Kroger as part of my weekly grocery shopping excursion, and I always spend some time browsing through the produce after I've gathered what's on my list. I always stop by the mushrooms to see if there are any "manager's specials" in the refrigerator case. The regular white button mushrooms are always pretty reasonable, but I like the portobello mushrooms (full-grown, and babies)...they just seem to have more flavor. But of course, they're always more expensive. Today, I was in luck! There were a couple of packages of HUGE portobello mushroom caps on sale for $1.99, so I snapped up a package. You see, in the summer, Kroger sells pre-made stuffed portobello mushroom caps for something like $5.99 a pound. I like to make my own for cheap!
Here's what I used:

the portobello mushroom caps, of course...

fresh spinach, straight outta Shirley's garden...

Italian diced tomatoes, drained really well...

and some crumbled feta cheese.

Doesn't that look good?!

From the grill...

to the plate! YUM!

These were a great side dish for our dinner tonight. The whole process was really simple, and the finished product was...YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...