Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Yummy Pork Kabobs

I usually go to Costco about once a month to stock up on some bulk items, and I usually buy enough meat there to last for the month, too. I bought a bunch of pork loin chops at the beginning of this month, but as much as I love pork chops, I was getting a little tired of them. I wanted to do something else, but I couldn't think of anything...until I thought of pork kabobs! I decided we'd have them this past Saturday, since we didn't have any plans for the day. I checked out Recipezaar for a good marinade, and I found a great one! The recipe will be at the bottom of the post, or you can just click on the link there.
I marinated the pork cubes for about 6 hours, and they were delicious! The marinade recipe suggests allowing the meat to marinate for 8 hours, but I was hungry, so I got started a little early. Along with the pork kabobs, I grilled a bunch of veggies (and a fruit!). I had zucchini, tomatoes, green peppers, and pineapple. I planned on grilling some onion wedges, too, but I forgot them until we sat down to eat! Oh, well. I had also hoped for some yellowneck squash, but Shirley's wasn't ready yet, and the ones at Kroger were kinda gross. Our grill was FULL:
Overall, everything came together really quickly. It took some time to spear the pork and cut up all the veggies, but I did that early in the day. I served the pork and veggies over some brown rice, and we had some roasted asparagus with parmesan cheese. I drizzled some sesame oil, soy sauce, and teriyaki sauce over the meat/veggie/rice mixture, and it was delicious! Definitely a keeper! The Best Marinade for Kabobs (from Kittencal)

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups oil
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dry parsley flakes
fresh ground black pepper (I use about 1 teaspoon)
1/2 cup wine vinegar
1-2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
1/3 cup store-bought teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup honey (do NOT use any subsitutions use only honey)
2 small green onions, chopped (optional)
Directions
Put all ingredients into a blender (except the green onions, if using add them in after blending).
Blend for 30-40 seconds.
Mix in in green onions.
This recipe makes 3-1/2 cups of marinade, but may be stored in the refrigerator tightly covered in a glass container for up to 3 weeks.
Use with beef, pork, lamb or chicken.

*NOTE* marinate the beef, pork or lamb for 8 hours or up to 24 hours chicken up to 8 hours.

1 comment:

  1. This sounded yummy! I was thinking you'd have enough marinade for the entire community with that 3 1/2 cups! Were you feeding the whole family? Your pics always make things look so good. I'm thinking that maybe you were a food stylist in a former life (although I don't believe in former lives)! Thanks for sharing. Jan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...