Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Honey-Glazed Spiced Pork Tenderloin

Pork is my very favorite meat. I love pork in just about every variety (but bacon's my favorite). But sometimes I get stuck in a rut and poor David just eats pork chop after pork chop. Not tonight! I found a delicious little recipe in a cookbook that Theresa, my stepmom, gave me about a year ago, and I can't believe I hadn't tried this recipe until now! You'll need about 1 1/4 pounds of pork tenderloin for this recipe...which I happened to have in the freezer!
You also need honey, garlic, and some spices...all of which are pretty common in a well-stocked pantry. I don't know why, but I always think that pork tenderloin takes forever to cook. Not this recipe. Total cook time is about 25 minutes, plus some resting. Easy peasy!
Honey-Glazed Spiced Pork Tenderloin
Devin Alexander
2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/8 tsp. chili powder
1/8 tsp. cayenne (I left this out)
1 1/4 lb. trimmed pork tenderloin
1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. honey
1 Tbs. freshly minced garlic
olive oil spray
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Use a fork to mix the paprika, salt, black pepper, onion powder, chili powder, and cayenne in a small bowl.
Rub the tenderloin evenly with teh olive oil, then rub the spice mixture evenly over it until the tenderloin is thoroughly coated. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let stand for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk the honey and garlic in a small bowl.
Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, lightly mist it with spray. Cook the tenderloin for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until just browned on all sides.
Place the tenderloin in a roasting pan or ovenproof skillet. (If one end is much thinner than the other, tuck it under to create a similar thickness throughout.) Use a pastry or basting brush to evenly coat the tenderloin with the honey mixture. Roast, uncovered, for 16 to 18 minutes, or until it is just barely pink inside or a meat thermometer inserted in the center reaches 155 degrees (the temperature will rise another 5 degrees while standing).
Remove from the oven, loosely cover the tenderloin (not the whole pan) with foil, and let stand for 10 minutes. Transfer the tenderloin to a cutting board. Holding your knife at a 45-degree angle, slice the tenderloin into thin slices. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...