Tuesday, November 3, 2009

TWD: All In One Holiday Bundt Cake

I love bundt cakes. Maybe not quite as much as Mary, The Food Librarian, but they do have a special place in my heart. They're a homey dessert. Simple, not fussy at all. You can frost them, or just dust them with powdered sugar. They're perfect. And I've had my eye on this one ever since I got my copy of Baking: From My Home to Yours...the Dorie Greenspan cookbook that inspired the Tuesdays With Dorie baking group. I love fall flavors, and I love bundts, so this was perfect.
It's full of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger...fall spices that I adore. And diced apples, fresh cranberries, pumpkin puree, and pecans. All of the flavors of our favorite holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas!) are in there. What's not to love?! As is the case with all bundts, this one is very simple to put together. Britin, of The Nitty Britty, made a great choice...it's probably what I woudl have chosen, if I didn't happen to be the 251st person in the recipe rotation!
Anyway, I'm very thankful that Laurie has given us permission to bake the recipes out of sequence this month. I wouldn't have had time to make (or acquire the ingredients for) the Chocolate Caramel Chestnut Cake this week, but I could throw this together in my spare time Sunday night. If you visit the other TWD bakers this month, you'll see that we're all probably baking out of sequence, which I think will be pretty fun and interesting. You'll notice in my pictures that I didn't make the maple icing... and that's because this beautiful bundt is going in the freezer for a future date.
There it is, all wrapped up. I loved the scent of this bundt baking, but it's killing me to not know what it tastes like! I'm keeping it for any number of upcoming holiday events. It might end up at CUB's Thanksgiving potluck, or I might keep it myself for our Thanksgiving dinner. I can't decide. But I do have plans on making another batch of the batter and baking it in my mini loaf pans for Christmas gift. Yum!

6 comments:

  1. Your cake looks perfect. Nice color and you can see all the goodies peaking out through the crust. I can't wait to try this one. I made the other cake and it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks gorgeous! I personally think it's very comforting to know that there's an emergency dessert in the freezer -- you never know when you might need it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cake looks great! I love the colors peeking out :) Let us know how it tastes as soon as you get a chance to get a bite! Simply lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks so good--i skipped this week due to busyness, but i will definitely make this one at some point this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, the outside looks perfect. I also love the 'fall' spices and flavors.

    This was a moist, dense, flavorful bundt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks delicious!

    I just came upon your blog from Feedjit. I'm a blogger in Louisville (www.dirtandlace.com), and I'm working on a blog called Bluegrass Bloggers. (I haven't finished the layout yet or I would send a link.) It will list blogs written by people in Kentucky and the surrounding areas, and feature their posts as well as give everyone involved the opportunity to meet fellow bloggers, offer up advice, share info and local happenings, etc. At this point, I am gauging interest and looking for bloggers who would be interested in participating with the site. You can do as little as have your URL listed on the sidebar, or you can participate further. It's a non-money making venture, strictly for fun. Let me know if you are at all interested! E-mail me at dirtandlace@gmail.com or visit my blog and leave a comment. I look forward to hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...